Saturday, November 19, 2011

Deer hunting season

Opening day of gun season.  Daddy got a doe and could not find the second one.  John got a doe and dropped it off at our house to hang up.  I found the deer decoy bow target climbed the ladder for some reason.  Ha ha ha.
Grampa got a button buck with his bow.  First deer with a bow!!!



Repost:
12/15/11

Daddy finished up with 4 deer in total!!!  WOWWEE DADDY.  2 Doe, 1 Button Buck, and 1 Eight Point Buck!

Colton Loved it!  He was so proud of his Daddy, it was cute.  Maddox liked it too, he was touching the eyes and nose and tongue.  Ha Ha.  Bucky story: I went out the second day of gun season and it was WINDY!  I told John, "Big Wind = Big Buck!"  Turns out by luck I was right!  Two doe were trying to cross in front of my tree stand and surprised me ten yards away sneaking up behind the tree.  They scared me and I scared them, we could hear each other.  They turned and started to run but stopped and acted funny.  I looked closer to see a few other doe and then nothing but two big antlers sticking out around a tree!  The doe started moving off West and the buck started to follow.  I picked a spot and took a shot about 85 yards.  Found a little blood after 100 yards but not much more.  went home changed clothes and Leo came to help, which by the way was fun hanging out with Leo for a change.  Found more blood 100 yards away from the original and the trail continued with good blood for quite a ways.  The blood stopped at the edge of the corn field and I thought all was lost.  Took another break, went back and went row by row looking through the corn.  Finally about 3/4 of the way through the field I peaked my head through the row and he was laying down!   A great HUNT!  I will remember it well when looking at the mount.




No comments:

Post a Comment