Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet boy.

I got home from "work" late, playing golf at Turning stone for ISRI.   It was the second night in a row that I only was able to read Colton a book and say goodnight as the night before I was welding the mower deck and catching up on the lawn.

I walk into his room and he is overwhelmed eight joy to see me.  First the question, "Daddy?" Then came one of the sweetest moments of being a father so far.  "I missed you so much daddy, where have you been?" And he started crying.  I hugged him and cried and smiled and loved my boy through and through.

1 comment:

  1. On the way to the museum, Colton was holding animal crackers in his hand - and all of a sudden I saw his hand go up his pantleg... I asked what he was doing, and he said "there's an animal cracker in my pants!" I asked him why is an animal cracker up his pants and he replied "for safe keeping!"

    I never found the animal cracker, so you may want to check for it during his next bath... or before you do the laundry!

    ReplyDelete